In what's become a half-tradition, some unfiltered thoughts as I finish another school year.
- Splitting time between teaching and instructional coaching is really, really difficult. It's hard to pour into both equally. Next year, I'm going to be coaching 100% of the time.
- I still need to work on alternative assessment and measurement methods. Using Canvas has helped me implement SBG more effectively this year, but I still need to make improvements, especially giving feedback.
- I tend to close in on myself when working with other teachers. I need to focus on opening up and encouraging reflective dialog about effective instructional strategies.
- As I work with curriculum development and implementation teams, I need to bone up on my frameworks.
- I'm not teaching a class next year, which feels very strange...again.
There is a ton of change happening in the district and the implementation of the growth plan is wide open. My team continues to set high goals to make sure we're constantly pushing the bar. It takes a lot of energy and effort, but the growth this year has been astronomical. Maintaining momentum and implementing new support structures in the fall is the big challenge ahead.