Published: 2013-02-12 09:00 |
Category: Collaboration |
If you’re on the Internet frequently, you may have noticed a new phenomenon spreading across the tubes called the Harlem Shake. If you haven’t, well, you’re in for a treat. Take a look.
I can’t resist this kind of thing. So, I want to put together the first Internet Dance Party (from what I can tell, at least). It will take you 60 seconds of your time and the returns are enormous.
- Go to this YouTube video of the song. We only need the first 30 seconds.
- Record yourself on your webcam (or other recording device) doing something normal. Typing, reading, grading…whatever, for 15 seconds.
- When the beat drops at the 15 second mark, record yourself throwing down some sick dances moves. Costumes are encouraged.
- Save your video and upload it to this folder.
- Watch for the link with the finished video.
Thanks to Jeremy Macdonald for introducing me to the Harlem Shake.